Friday, March 15, 2013

Miss Peregrine’s home for Peculiar Children, by Ransom Riggs

After the unexpected death of his grandfather, Jacob’s life is mixed up. He sees unusual things and decides to visit the orphanage his grandfather told him about. Maybe then he can make sense of the things happening around him.

 But the island orphanage brings more questions and more strangeness. How can the it be a bombed out shell one minute and later filled with peculiar children then next? And why can only Jacob see it? 

 The old fashioned pictures in this book are like frosting on a cake.

Reviewed by a staff member, First Regional Library



5 comments:

  1. Oh, yeah. Must read. Thx for the review.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I plan to read this one - love the review. What a great blog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have read this book. I absolutely loved it! I understood that the author used actual found photographs. I loved the way that the photos and the stories tied together. I am hoping for a sequal!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the comment, many others are looking forward to the next book also.

    ReplyDelete