Guidelines for Submitted Reviews
- The book being reviewed must be owned by First Regional Library.
- The review should be 200 words or less about a book the reader enjoyed and recommends.
- A well-written review will include a brief synopsis of the plot and address the following: (above all, do not give away the story)
* Style. Is it plot-driven? Is it stream-of-consciousness? Are there subplots within the main plot?
* Characterization. Are the characters flat or three dimensional? Does character development occur? Are they more important than the plot?
* Theme. Is it introspective, exciting and action-oriented, serious literature, or pure escapism?
* Setting. Is it important, or could the story be set anywhere? Is it simple or detailed? Is a sense of atmosphere evoked?
Include Title, Author, Date Published, Genre, as well as Your Name and City on every Review.
Read past reviews for examples. Submitted reviews may be edited, and we may not choose to publish every review. We appreciate and look forward to your contributions.